The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- DIYbio Roundup Post (updated 2019)Hey everyone! I took a bit of time to compile a comprehensive list of resources to get started in DIYbio. Let me know what you think and if there's anything I should add: https://medium.com/@ThatMrE/a-guide-to-diybio-updated-2019-abd0956cdf74
- Nuts & Volts Magazine DIY Biotech "Get Started With Fermentation and pH" articleAnother 'diybio in the mainstream', a nice educational project article explaining basic bio science (including, gasp, math!). However the educational content could just as likely have been published in 1919 (when homebrew yoghurt was actually very popular) as well as 2019. Looking forward to
- Privately funded designer babiesHas anyone here seen this article? https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612838/the-transhumanist-diy-designer-baby-funded-with-bitcoin/ It seems most of the ethicists rejecting this are working under a government-funding framework, and since the government has a funding ban on this sort of work,
- What are your biggest problems?Hello everyone, I a a proud DIY biologist, although a relative newcomer to the space. However, I have become very interested in this arena for scientific advancement, and I wish to build a career related to DIY bio. In doing this I would like to find out about the most painful problems you
- New Test Detects Antibiotic Resistance in Minuteshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WuU7M5qyA4 Note this is research phases as of the time of the video's release.
- Engineering Tech Note. "Vibrating Mesh Nebulizer Reference Design" (Battery/USB powered)Software, BOM and PCB mask included. Microchip AN2265 (2016) http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00002265B.pdf OVERVIEW In medicine, a nebulizer is a drug delivery device that breaks up medical solutions into small aerosol droplets and deliver them directly to the patient’s
- Twins get 'mystifying' DNA ancestry test results (Marketplace) CBC Documentaryhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isa5c1p6aC0 This segment is on how genome sequencing operates and how DNA sampling is examined.
- Please contribute and utilize ethics tools for DIY scienceHello, community! I just added an entry on DIYbiosphere about our collection of ethics tools. Please feel free to use the tools and also to contribute your own innovations. We are all facing similar challenges, and it can be inefficient to
- rna extraction from chlorella vulgarishello everyone i am working on chlorella vulgaris and trying to extract RNA from it using different methods: - i tried to use liquid nitrogen combined with trizol, - i tried to use plant kit from invitrogen, however, i couldn't get good results when i run the RNA sample on gel. i
- Auxotroph yeast strainAfter finding a Yeast artificial chromosome that will work and is not bound by copyrights, I realized I will need a yeast strain auxotrophic for Leucin biosynthesis 😀 By the way, if anyone needs it, will share. Anyone with access to a yeast lab strain?