The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Studying the Transbiome
- US IRS tax credit for setting up garage lab?Hi folks, This question is for those of you who have setup an informal DIY / garage lab at home. I spent ~ $10K in 2020 on setting up a home lab, but this is not registered formally as a corporation or an LLC in the US. I wonder if there are any clauses in the IRS tax code for 2020 that
- Resolvins, lipoxins, ..Anyone here have any experience using, compounding, or synthesizing SPMs( specialized pro resolving mediators) such as resolvin E1?
- if one want to set up a small molecular bio lab plus small pre-scale plant.....try to buy second hand equip or diy the equip a I can as possible, and try to pass the approving in the gov, how much USD and how long would it be?
- How to catch an bio-chem idea to start a small business?Maybe start from a small pocket to ferment or other kind of production? Can u give me some place or website to search or discuss about that idea?
- Wiley; Call for Book Chapter for Book entitled “Emerging Computing Paradigms: Principles, Advances, and Applications”Dear Authors, We are looking for interested contributors for our book entitled “Emerging Computing Paradigms: Principles, Advances, and Applications” Wiley. We have finalized the majority of chapters however “Call for Book Chapter(s)” is still open for the Chapter Title: 1) Computationa
- Sweden Biospace in need of volunteersHey, Just wanted to see if there is an interest here from people in Sweden. We are currently building a biology makerspace at Uppsala (biohackeri.com). Would love if anyone wants to join as a member and help building it. Thank you and have a beautiful day, /ismail -------- Ismail
- Mechanistics of Electroporation - Nucleus DNAHi guys, A question came up that I found interesting. Electroporation is a standard method in vitro and in vivo. The DNA swims around next to the cells, and then the electrical pulses drag the DNA through the membrane. And the membranes might also have developed pores from the shock. Why
- How does one hire a bio lab technician for consulting?As you know I am attempting to produce an sample of viable fat stem cells suitable for personal medical use, on my own, and on a budget. At this point I think I understand the salient biological and medical issues but I am lacking hands on laboratory know-how. I looked into utilizing a community
- DNA binding to column - ethanol denatured or pure?Hi guys! Question on purification of DNA with a DNA purification kit (or a maxiprep kit). The principle is that DNA binds to the silica columns, and then ethanol run above it so it washes away impurities. Here, pure ethanol that has not been denatured costs 30€+ per litre.. Because the