The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Protein Unfolding Algorithms?So this might seem outright insane given the computational requirements of protein folding, but I had a though I'm not able to locate any existing resources on, but could be the basis for an actual biotech boom (i.e. not just copying and pasting stuff, but creating things.) The concept would be,
- DIYBio in GreeceAnybody from greece intrested in biohacking?
- NCBI GQuery down, or is it just me?Hi, trying to access GQuery, for example https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/?term=Arabidopsis+thaliana is returning No hosts are available for /http/service/django-gquery, Dtab.base=, Dtab.local=. Remote Info: Not Available Is this just me? Cheers Tom
- DIY Measure Uric Acid in Blood?hi. i'm a noob at diy bio and suffer from high levels of uric acid in the blood. every 2 or 3 months I spend money going to a lab to take an exam. What can I do at home? Has anyone tried something similar? reference suggestions for me to read and learn?
- are we at the dawn of a self experimentation gene therapy trend?So some of you may have noticed the creation of the open human plasmid now being offered by the odin. If you’re not aware of it you might want to go and look it up (http://www.the-odin.com/open-human-plasmid/). It is basically a plasmid for gene expression in human cells. Advertised for in vitro
- Ideas for Holiday-Themed ActivitiesAs I'm sure many of you are aware, we're starting to enter holiday season here in the US and many other parts of the world. That being said, I'm curious if anyone has ideas for some holiday-themed bio activities? I'm trying to come up with something fun, yet relatively simple and that will
- mapping the microbiome of ... everything!Earth microbiome project ... “The potential applications for this database and the types of research questions we can now ask are almost limitless,” Knight said. “Here’s just one example — we can now identify what kind of environment a sample came from in more than 90 percent of cases, just by
- Making anaerobic mediaHello, I am trying to cultivate anaerobic bacteria in a DIY lab setting. Have any of you made anaerobic media? If so, what method of removing oxygen did you use?
- Meetup in Boston at BosLab this Saturday (11/11/17).Hi DIYBio folks, As a number of you may be visiting Boston for iGEM, feel free to drop by our space in Somerville this coming Saturday afternoon (4-7pm). We'd love to meet you and show you our humble space! 339 Summer St, Somerville, MA 02144 https://www.facebook.com/events/13647780703160
- Open OLGA Bioreactor released!