The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Bi.Xel livestream from BioSummitHi Guys, It is rough as hell but....! We just made a quick raspi stream to showcase our prep and setup for our Bi.Xel workshop at the BioSummit in the Media Lab. Please check it out and let me know what you think! http://10.189.6.152/ This is what the output of the workshop will look like:
- Live stream of biosummit
- 50mM Borate buffered Saline pH 8.4 (150 mM NaCl)Dear All, Can you please tell me how to make 50 mM Borate buffered Saline pH 8.4 (150 mM NaCl). Thank you very much for your help! Ashu
- Do plasmids introduced via electroporation replicate with subsequent cell divisions?The title pretty much has the substance of this. I'm curious if you can introduce plasmids to a cell via electroporation and have those plasmids replicated in subsequent cell divisions, or if they only end up in one of the cells while multi-generational versions must be incorporated into the
- What's the rationale behind the similarities between chlorophyll and hemoglobin?My best guess at the moment is that since chlorophyll is designed to channel light via entanglement to turn it into usable energy that the similar molecular machinery can be used to turn slight vibrations into enough energy to eject the Oxygen in hemoglobin - but I don't actually have a clue and
- Good source for 8-strip PCR Tubes?We ordered some PCR tubes off Amazon but they went out of stock so I was thinking of getting these: https://www.amazon.com/EarthOx-Sterile-0-2ml-strips-strips/dp/B01BRBOCEA/ref=pd_day0_328_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01BRBOCEA&pd_rd_r=3JAZJV7BHFHF2V0DXNW8&pd_rd_w=eqnYE&pd_rd_wg=Nigf2&psc=1&refRID=3J
- Crowdfunding for a solid phase extraction/thin layer chromatography platformHi Guys, we are in final stages of launching a crowdfunding campaign for a home-based test platform for identifying pollutants in drinking water ( http://www.analyzechemicals.com) Its based on solid phase extraction (SPE) and thin layer chromatography (TLC), and our goal is make it accessible
- Moringa and Water FiltrationHey! I'm conducting research on using moringa seeds for water filtration. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out. (Click here for a more in-depth summary ) First off, I need a turbidity meter.
- Gaminfection Hackathon 29. Sep - 1. Oct. in Erlangen, GermanyThis goes out to all biohackers / DIYbio people who are into gaming and might want to participate in creating a scientific based game on the issue of lung infections. The Gaminfection Hackathon (http://gaminfectionhack.weebly.com/ < https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgaminfectionhack.
- DIYbio events for the week of September 3Here are your events for the week. Late edits can be found at https://diybio.org/2017/09/03/diybio-events-for-the-week-of-september-3/ *Sunday, September 3* Oakland, CA, USA – Open Insulin Lab Day Work on the Open Insulin