The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- How Not to roundtable with the California Department of Consumer Affairs about DIYbio activities
- What keeps people coming back?Hi all, Those of you out there who have started or currently runa DIYbio space, I have a question: how do you keep people coming back? Long story short, I started a small lab out the makerspace I'm a member of about 4 years ago. We have a dedicated space and have acquired some pretty nice
- used hardware for sale: LIFE Technologies - Align - Digital Protein Gel Electrophoresis Imagerhey all, long time no post! i recently acquired a LIFE Technologies Align and looking to let it go. $200 OBO, or make me an offer if interested. pick up locally or i can deliver to the NYC/NJ areas. it is working fine but appears to be missing the gel holder accessories. power cable is
- Global DIY Biology SurveyHello fellow DIY Biologists, I am part of a research team who is looking into the Global DIY Biology landscape. We have launched a survey today and are seeking as many participants for the survey as possible. We would really appreciate your help! Please see below for the official invitation
- A puzzle for the science nerdsHi folks, thought we would have a bit of scientific fun! Puzzle for you. Can you point out a major problem in the attached publication? Hint: the figures ...
- Scientists spy on superbugs to see how they outsmart our antibiotics Los Angeles Times Articlehttps://www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-how-antibiotic-resistance-spreads-20190523-story.html This has been discussed for decades but more details are coming out on these articles. https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolefisher/2019/05/22/immune-to-drugs-antimicrobial-resistance-could-kill-10-million-
- BiosecurityI hope folks might comment on the security measures taken by the DIYbio community to ensure containment of recombinant DNA. My background is in molecular biology at Florida State, Harvard Med, and the Whitehead Institute (currently Broad). I have several concerns: 1) The biological community
- Your favorite ethanol precipitation protocolHi! I am looking on ethanol precipitation protocols... But they all use NaOAc (which I don't have). Some indicate that you might use NaCl as well (which I have on stock). Does anyone have a working protocol how to do an ethanol precipitation with NaCl?
- Any community labs in the San Francisco Bay Area other than BioCurious and CC Labs?Hi folks, we wanted to invite local community labs and educators to a free lab supply open house. Just want to make sure that we are not missing out on anyone in the local San Francisco Bay area. BioCurious and Counter Culture labs have been great partners for our organization, Biolink Depot,