The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Abstract Submission: Bioinformatics Open Source Conference: June 26/27 in Portland, OR
- Training and grant oppotunitiesHello All, I run a training and grants program at George Washington University. We are looking for non-university-affiliated deep-science teams interested in commercializing their research. All the details are here ... https://innovation.gwu.edu/accelerateDC. The end game is to improve the
- Legalities of GMO producing biolabs in the EU?Is there a licensing process required in the EU for creating a biolab where microorganisms are genetically modified and fermented and what is this process like? I'm interested in starting such a laboratory.
- BiofilterHello everyone, I have to make a biofilter that consists of bacteria to produce drinkable water. And my question is, is this possible? And if so, does someone know how I can make it? Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your reply, Fatima
- Protein FoldingIs there any possible way to study protein folding at home aside from the popular Fold.it game?
- Developing a Permanent Treatment for Lactose Intolerance Using Gene Therapy By The Thought Emporium
- California Central Coast DIYbioHi Folks, I've been tinkering with biology for ~7 years, I'm from the Salinas Valley, and right now I'm in grad school at Stanford. I work with all sorts of critters from bacteria to mushrooms to plants to cancer cells and viruses. The purpose of this post is to nucleate the DIYbio community
- Anyone have experience with cryo storage in LN dewar?Anyone have experience with cryogenic storage using a liquid nitrogen dewar? Do you have experience of their LN consumption daily with/without opening? We don't have the money for a -80 freezer and we thought that a dewar could be a good alternative since we have ready access to LN. We found a
- Bioluminescent plants revisitedIs anyone on here interested in doing research to make glowing plants? I’ve been developing some proof of concept experiments but have been slow in getting my own lab space up and running. I could definitely benefit from additional people and resources. Send me a message and I can give you more
- Hacking an Ion ProtonHas anyone repurposed an Ion Proton DNA sequencer for a different application?