The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- The Dr. He Jiankui Crispr Scandalhttps://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/12/15-worrying-things-about-crispr-babies-scandal/577234/ There is an ongoing scandal involving Crispr and now uncertainties in established research and DIY Bio taking place due to a scientists action. Before last week, few people had heard the
- DIY genetic modifications of humans as interspecies dialog. Any suggestions.Hello dear fellow Biohackers , It is my first post in the group. For presentation of what I am doing in Europe and for making contacts and collaborations. Here is our last video about Bio-Hacking in Brussels .. TransGenesis. Humane genomic modification with plant DNA. . It is
- Extraction of fluorescent proteins in fish.Is it possible to extract the fluorescent proteins from these fish? What material would be necessary?
- Finding TEV Protease (with S219V mutation) plasmidI really need this this plasmid for my experiment. I've tried to obtain it from addgene but as I'm an individual they refuse to share it. Anyone have this plasmid ? Thank you.
- How to Stock a DIY Biology Labhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqQ4x9rmkKg Here is a video how to set up a DIY Lab by The Thought Emporium
- Rust inhibitor in water-jacketed CO2 incubator?We are setting up one of our stainless steel water-jacketed CO2 incubator at the lab for some BSL1 cell culture. The water in the jacket was drained about 3.5 years ago to move them. The manufacturer recommends adding rust inhibitor every two years. They don't say what the inhibitors is but the
- Microbial BioreactorAn open microbial bioreactor for growing cultures of about 1L: http://www.hackster.io/open-bioeconomy-lab/microbial-bioreactor-d7f61b
- Preserving Agar ArtHi all, Has anyone out there doing Agar Art found a reliable way to "preserve" the art once it's finished. We've tried simply pouring a two-part epoxy over the plates, but that doesn't stop bacterial growth. We've also tried brief UV exposure prior to pouring the epoxy but no luck either. I've
- Sterilizing plant hormonesHi guys, I need to make fresh stocks. The protocol calls for the hormone to be dissolved in 1M NaOH. And then filter sterilized. My guess is that you can skip the filter sterilizing, because 1M NaOH will kill everything? Anyone with experience? Google was remarkably unhelpful to give a yes/no
- The Hothouse Archives: Plants, Pods and Panama Red (Free plant conference!)November 16th-18th *FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC* School of Visual Arts 135 West 16th St New York, NY This conference brings together artists, architects, art historians, gardeners, philosophers and cultural critics to discuss the role of plant life in contemporary culture. https://www.event