The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Survey - DIYbio interest in ASM's Agar Art projectHi all, I am the Public Outreach Manager at the American Society for Microbiology and would like some feedback from this community on the Agar Art project we have been doing since 2015. If you can spare 5 minutes, please complete the survey below - thank you in advance! https://www.surveymo
- DIY Laser Microdissection MicroscopeSo ok, its a long shot, but does anyone know either an inexpensive way to acquire one of these, or diy it? I wanna isolate spores and yeast cells, but it's so difficult
- Philadelphia, PA Seriously Needs A DIY Bio LabTo whom it may concern: I live not too far from Philadelphia, and was born and raised there. Unfortunately it seems like there currently is no DIY Bio lab there, despite it being a high-profile intellectual center, known for great universities like Temple, Drexel, and Penn (yes, Ivy League!).
- DIYbio events for the week of August 20Here are your DIYbio events for the week. Late edits can be found at https://diybio.org/2017/08/17/diybio-events-for-the-week-of-august-20/ *Sunday, August 20* Cincinnati, OH, USA - Science Book Club - The Gene: An Intimate History
- plants make vaccineshttps://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-00090-w Does this make biohackers (and everyone's) life easier? I guess regulations are less strict for plants, no?
- DIYbio Events for the remainder of the week of August 13Here are your events for the remainder of the week of August 13th. Late edits can be seen at https://diybio.org/category/events/ *Monday, August 14* Brooklyn, NY, USA – Biotextiles: Grow your own material for fashion design < https://www.eventbrite.com/e/biotextiles-grow-your-own-materials-fo
- Help Needed Setting up a Food Safety Laboratory in The GambiaHello Would anyone be interested in helping us set up a food safety lab in The Gambia to enable farmers and food producers to meet export guidelines. Please respond if you can help. Thank you in advance
- freeform gelatin microfluidicsHey lovely people, we've been working on gelatin microfluidics using 3D printing at Symbiolab/IRNAS and got some good results by modifying the FRESH method by Hinton et al., 2015 (http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/1/9/e1500758.full). There's more info and a video here: http://irnas.eu/bi
- RelocationWhat would a town have to give (in regards to policy) to get do it yourself biologists to move there?
- http://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/repurposing-a-diabetes-drug-to-crack-parkinson-shttp://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/repurposing-a-diabetes-drug-to-crack-parkinson-s For now this article looks promising but more long term studies will have to take place. I wonder if DIY Bio can take a challenge like that.? http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)