The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- community labHi, I looked for a DIYbio Community lab near me but there isn't one. The one I found is a whole hour away plus bad traffic. I don't know if there is a community lab near me and how to find one. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated!
- How difficult would it be to make a super food?This is more just mental masturbation than anything, but does anyone have an ideas on how much work would be required to make a food that hits all the appropriate daily values of everything (essential vitamins included) for a Human from a single source, say a mushroom? Are all the metabolic
- Nanoporing a human genomeHi! We are going to sequence a human genome with a nanopore in the Ars Electronica. We want to compare this to the genome sequence that a commercial company provides us with. Any input which company offers full genome sequencing for a low price? Highly appreciated
- INVITATION to the Bio.kitchen laboratory opening 11. - 12. May 2018 @ UnternehmerTUMDear biohackers around the world, we want to invite you to our Bio.kitchen Lab Opening 11. - 12. May 2018 UnternehmerTUM Munich, Germany For months now our team has been working hard to open up Germany's first open Wetlab: the Bio.kitchen! The Bio.kitchen is a life science community
- About DNA scriptHi I am quite new in synthetic biology and I was looking at the ways to synthetise DNA. I found this : http://dnascript.co Comparing with PCR where we need the DNA we want to replicate, primers, nucleotids and enzyms, I do not understand how they can produce DNA from scratch ... If anyone
- AntiBiotic resistance to super-gonorrhoea
- DIY fluorescence microscopeHi guys, just wanted to share something. We have this UV flashlight https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01LN74PZY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_RXLUAbR65H4BY to visualize our GFP plants fluorescing in the dark in the museum. According to the Amazon entry it has 395 nm "UV light is reflects thanks to the 51
- Opentrons OT-2 releaseHey all, Saw OT-2 was released from OpenTrons http://opentrons.com/ The new robot is a lot faster and more polished than the previous version. The 'open' aspect of the software is really useful - you can make scripts to do almost anything! Koeng
- DIYbio in Buffalo, NYAnyone in the Buffalo, NY area interested in a DIY bio meetup?
- Lab Hardware sector.. is somehing happening?Does that photo remember to any other model? http://www.edvotek.com/543 For me, is an impressive step for chai biotech