The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- NPR Correspondent Seeks DIY CRISPRI'm a correspondent at NPR (National Public Radio). I'm working on a story about people using CRISPR for biohacking. If you're using CRISPR at home and interested in participating in a story, please contact me. Thanks! Rob Stein Science Correspondent/Senior Editor National Public Radio (NPR)
- plant tissue culture reagents in australiaHey, Anyone know where to buy reagents for plant tissue culture in Australia? Also, if anyone has any further info or resources it would be very much appreciated. Kind regards, Rene
- Protein-protein binding bufferHi guys, I want a peptide to bind to a protein. After I extracted the protein from the organism (extraction buffer 0.1M Tris-HCl, 0.1M NaCl, pH 8) I will put them into a MWCO centrifuge thing to remove small molecules with 3 kDa cut-off < http://www.merckmillipore.com/AT/de/product/Amicon-Ult
- QuestionHas any of you created a diy bio lab in your garage or a spare room?
- Novel DNA synthesis techniquehttps://phys.org/news/2018-06-faster-cheaper-dna.html Sounds great, looking forward to reading the paper
- Mad scientist 72 attempts to replicate Miller Urey experimenthttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9l3LhPLgE This is nice though given that its been mentioned in biochemistry lectures as the experiment that attempted to explain how life started on earth.
- H+ Blockchain Prize - "Mutual Benefits between Blockchain and Transhumanism"Submit your essays to es...@humanityplus.org by June 23 midnight! Valued Humanity+ member Hadrien Majoie is the generous sponsor of the BLOCKCHAIN ESSAY PRIZE.
- Mini Brainshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1P0HKfTrfY Currently this brain out of research is still dealing with the issues of how to deal with variations and a control sample but its promising though.
- Wow this article hits home though to Biology reseach in Generalhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/china-challenges-american-dominance-of-science/2018/06/03/c1e0cfe4-48d5-11e8-827e-190efaf1f1ee_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1ffa3c3511ef Note in this case its how one of the biology researchers did not get his visa renewed in the USA and
- Biohack The Planet Biohacker Grants $$$$We have raised thousands of dollars in grants and supplies that we are giving to the community. Must attend the Biohack The Planet conference to be eligible: http://biohacktheplanet.com/ We will choose ~5-10 people from the submissions to pitch to judges at Biohack The Planet 2018 in Oakland, CA,