The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Centrifuge safety PSAOK, I know a lot of you trained and skilled in lab work might be thinking "what an idiot" but I thought I'd share a safety PSA on centrifuges since not everyone in this space has formal training in lab equipment. I have a cheap $100 centrifuge at 10k rpm to do ethanol extraction on and it worked
- Live stream of Biosummit 3.0Follow the event here - https://www.twitch.tv/globalbiosummit
- Ginkgo Bioworks raises $350 million fund for biotech spinoutsBUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 9, 2019 / 2:35 PM / UPDATED 12 HOURS AGO Ginkgo Bioworks raises $350 million fund for biotech spinouts (Reuters) - Biotechnology start-up Ginkgo Bioworks said on Wednesday that it had raised a $350 million fund to more easily invest in spinout ventures that use its
- Open Source BIO 3D PRINTING from Lulzbot!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpsDhbCDJc Cool Video from the group 3D printing nerd.
- HDL replacement therapyim interested in doing my own HDL replacement therapy. Does anyone here have experience with selective HDL-delipidation or simple HDL extraction and reinfusion?
- Free of cost plasmid vectorDear DIYbio community members, Greetings from the Richmond area, Virginia, USA ! Where / from who can I request, free-of-cost, a small-sized plasmid (
- Chemical autoflorescence in fishAny guess what this could be? https://www.aquafluorescent.com/ The site claims the fish is not GMO and they are not tattooed. Somehow the dye, whatever it is bonds to calcium rich biominirals. Bone, shell, etc.
- Drug addiction biohackingHello, Thank you for letting me in. I'm Jack. A friend of mine named Jonathyn recently quit the idea of engaging in CRISPR CAS9 technology because he found out that it can't do anything for adult humans. We've been trying to find a way to help people with drug addiction, and we got introduced
- GreetingsHello, Thank you for letting me in. I'm Jack. A friend of mine named Jonathyn recently quit the idea of engaging in CRISPR CAS9 technology because he found out that it can't do anything for adult humans. We've been trying to find a way to help people with drug addiction, and we got introduced
- Communities of DIYbioHello, and forgive me for intruding on your group. I am an experienced sociologist of science based at the University of York. Recently, I have been given a small amount of time to conduct exploratory research on DIYbio communities. This will consist of a small number of interviews with UK and