The global mailing list where everything diybio is discussed:
10 most recent discussion topics:
- Is it possible to grow stem cells in a home laboratory?I would like to know your opinion about it, the cultivation of plants is half simple but what about the cultivation of animal tissue?
- Is this a bioterrorism report?I don't usually post, but this story seemed potentially important. The facts reported could be consistent with a bioterrorism attack yesterday morning at an airport in Arizona. https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/airlines/2019/04/12/disruptive-american-airlines-passenger-attempts-jump-onto-ta
- Biological Parts Registry Current State of AffairsHi all, I’m getting ready to gear up our synbio efforts at my DIYbio space and was looking iGEM and their biological parts registry as routes to go. It seems really difficult to have acess to the tools they offer and I’m honestly not sure if there’s even a community iGEM track anymore. Based on
- Help/advice needed: Synthesising pheromones for insect biocontrolHi everyone, I'm not sure if anyone here can help me, but I'll ask anyway 🙂 We've begun looking into the possibility of synthesising of pheromones for insect pest biocontrol for use by farmers in our organic cooperative here in NE Thailand, but we're not sure where to start (and before anyone
- I Biology Techniques does a segment on Next Generation Sequencing
- Biohack The Planet 2019 - Science and Biohacking Conference - Las Vegas, NVBiohack The Planet - Science & Biohacking Conference 2019 The one and only science and biohacking conference. Last year we sold over 240 tickets selling out the location. So this year we decided to move where the conference can grow and still remain affordable so
- Funded PhD position: Citizen Science & Peer ProductionHey everyone, I will join the CRI in Paris (https://cri-paris.org/ ) this September as a long-term fellow to study how the principles of commons-based peer-production can be used to improve participant involvement and empowerment in citizen science projects. And the best
- Invitation to Participate in Research*Sent on behalf of the researcher* Dear Prospective Participants, This is an invitation to participate in a study concerning how “expertise” is defined and identified in citizen science projects. We are looking to interview citizen scientists, and researchers running citizen science projects.
- If you want to start a community DIYbio lab in your city...To anyone interesting in starting a community lab in your city and you don't already have one: I help DIY biologists to start a sustainable community lab in less than a month, and get started on the projects they dream of completing, by helping them gather a team of exceptional, like-minded
- IgM and IgG Western Blot for LymeAnyone ever done any Lyme disease related testing on themselves? I've found PCR primers for *Borrelia* but IgM and IgG seem to be a more trusted test outside of an ELISA specific to *Borrelia*. Rather curious. I've had the bullseye rash 3 times, doctors only treated with doxycycline 1 time,